Girls eggs are getting smaller - Pics added

Strange. I have 20 and occasionally I'll get a small one but not all at once. Are they all laying smaller eggs?

Don't forget that things used to 'look' bigger when we were kids. Such as the candy bars. As we get older, things look smaller. Do you thing that is the case?
gig.gif

Henry'schickens :

Strange. I have 20 and occasionally I'll get a small one but not all at once. Are they all laying smaller eggs?

Don't forget that things used to 'look' bigger when we were kids. Such as the candy bars. As we get older, things look smaller. Do you thing that is the case?
gig.gif

Ha ha. I date the eggs as soon as I pick them up, and as I have so few chickens I can easily tell which one laid which egg. And they are smaller.​

Quote:
No molting here. They came off the molt during December and the last one started laying on January 1st. With the beautiful weather and fresh spring grass around now I'm thinking this when the eggs will be the best they will be all season. However, these girls who are just one year old this month, aren't producing much of anything. On the whole they've been quite the disappointment. It took them 8 months to begin laying then, within 6 weeks they went straight into the molt. They are big, healthy and dewormed. I feed them either Purina's Layena mash or organic mash and some scratch or similar daily, plenty of oyster shell and a couple of hours free ranging per day. They also get organic greens occasionally from the farmer's market, a few left over kitchen scraps (mostly salad) and an occasional offering of pumpkin seeds or pine nuts. Do you think perhaps they've gotten too rotund? A little too portly, maybe?

Quote:
One is mostly RIR, one is an EE and the other are.....? Well, you decide. See the pictures below. The white one is one big momma and the blackish one has miniscule feathers on her ankles.

7166_imgp2387.jpg

7166_dsc_3082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom