Give me pictures of your chickens and I'll try to sex them

OK...this is fun. I welcome any guesses from all. Thanks!!!

This is Blue. She's a Americauna brown leg horn 5 weeks

Spike- Maran (blue copper?) 7 weeks

Coconut - Silkie 8 weeks

Night Shine- Frizzle 8 weeks
Night

Loki- 8 weeks silkie
Loki

Nugget- 7 weeks silkie

OK...this is fun. I welcome any guesses from all. Thanks!!!

This is Blue. She's a Americauna brown leg horn 5 weeks

Spike- Maran (blue copper?) 7 weeks

Coconut - Silkie 8 weeks

Night Shine- Frizzle 8 weeks
Night

Loki- 8 weeks silkie
Loki

Nugget- 7 weeks silkie

Not sure about the frizzle, but the Ameraucana is definitely a cockerel and "Blue" appears to be a pullet, I think, though she has thick legs!

I have 7 Silkies myself that are 8 weeks old. I have only been able to positively sex two of them - most people find that waiting until 4-5 months is necessary or is the time it takes to confirm their guess! Silkies are very difficult to sex, and I believe there is a thread for it specifically.

Add: Looking at the ages again - the frizzle still confuses me (maybe cockerel?) and "Blue" may be a cockerel at only 5 weeks - looks to have female patterning though. Originally I was pretty sure "Blue" was a pullet. I'll have to study them again.

Last edited:

can you sex both please

I'm not very familiar with the wheaten color patterning, if this is wheaten - but the chick on the right appears to be a cockerel. I was going to say cockerel also for the left, but I'm not sure about its colouring - maybe blue wheaten pullet?

can you sex both please
Male to the front, female to the back

Not sure about the frizzle, but the Ameraucana is definitely a cockerel and "Blue" appears to be a pullet, I think, though she has thick legs!

I have 7 Silkies myself that are 8 weeks old. I have only been able to positively sex two of them - most people find that waiting until 4-5 months is necessary or is the time it takes to confirm their guess! Silkies are very difficult to sex, and I believe there is a thread for it specifically.

Add: Looking at the ages again - the frizzle still confuses me (maybe cockerel?) and "Blue" may be a cockerel at only 5 weeks - looks to have female patterning though. Originally I was pretty sure "Blue" was a pullet. I'll have to study them again.
The EE (not Ameraucana) is a pullet. The colouring says that. The comb is likely big because it has leghorn in it.

Back
Top Bottom