Given 3 day old duckling, caught by a kid, think this little 1 is having Seizures!

Is there any way of me knowing the sex of our little duckling? Currently everybody says she because we're hoping it's a girl, but a boy will be just as accepted too. Currently we do call her Gwen though.

Is there any way of me knowing the sex of our little duckling? Currently everybody says she because we're hoping it's a girl, but a boy will be just as accepted too. Currently we do call her Gwen though.
Vent sexing but best to do a 1-2 days old, or wait till they start to quack, girls quack loud boys raspy low quack. and eventually the drake tail feather curl and coloring also. but that's around 4-6 months old.

I loved reading your story! Sounds like someone just dumped her/him off thinking it would be happy at the lake? So sad... glad you rescued him/her!

You will have to come visit the Pekin Duck Club thread and share your story with everyone. Lots of us sharing knowledge and fun with our Pekins.

There are also several people on there that are raising 1 Pekin as a house duck so you can get lots of help there. If you decided not to raise as a house duck, you will definitely need to get him/her a companion.

I have 2 Pekins, one standard and one Jumbo. They are outdoors but we keep diapers on hand just in case they need to come in for health reasons, injury, etc., so it's good to have a diaper on hand, regardless. Here's a good resource for them... http://chickensaddlesanddiapers.webs.com/

As soon as your duckling has access to or can be provided with some grit, try frozen, thawed peas - she/he will be your best friend forever.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom