Given 3 day old duckling, caught by a kid, think this little 1 is having Seizures!

As I may not have much room I feel I can figure out accommodations for the duckling as it becomes older as needed. Including the idea that my husband & I have discussed the possibility of duck diapers. I am on permanent disability & am home all day & don't leave much I feel I can accommodate the little one as needed. Our family is so in love, hoping the little duckling is a girl, but have welcoming arms to a boy too! Thank you & I will keep updating & posting pictures!
We are all so happy you have helped this little one!

Having an indoor, single duck is an incredible commitment. They are 100% dependent, to the point where many people have to take them on vacation and simply cannot leave them alone, ever. I have to admit, I have tried it in the past. In the end, it was best for my situation for the duckling to have a friend and have a blast outside in the sunshine. If you would really like to keep him/her (hoping for a her for you!) in the house, would you be able to add a friend for the times you must leave?

I wanted to repeat how wonderful it is that you went out of your way to help the little one. So many people "turn their head" at these things. I would bet it is a wonderful feeling to know you have helped pull the ducking through!

As time goes we shall figure things out. If it is a female she will have chicken friends & should do just great outdoors in the warm sun. All my animals are spoiled & my 2 other hens, are very sweet & holdable. I guess luckily when we afford to vacation it's in our camp trailer so the little one is still welcome if that's how it all turns out to be.
Thank you so much to everyone!!!

From your photo, your little baby looks like a Pekin duckling. Most wild species are brown, tan, and yellow mixed. I wouldn't worry about Fish and Wildlife taking it away. I love "duck" people. It makes my heart happy to see what lengths people will go through to help a small, helpless, animal. I don't know you, but I love you because you have shown true compassion for what some might think is an insignificant life. Way to go for people like you!

As time goes we shall figure things out. If it is a female she will have chicken friends & should do just great outdoors in the warm sun. All my animals are spoiled & my 2 other hens, are very sweet & holdable. I guess luckily when we afford to vacation it's in our camp trailer so the little one is still welcome if that's how it all turns out to be.
Thank you so much to everyone!!!
It sounds like you have a great plan! Have fun!

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone! I just took this picture moments ago on my phone and wanted to post a recent baby pic of Gwen. She's doing so well!

Back
Top Bottom