Giving guineas away :'(

I have chickens, guineas, and turkeys right now. Chickens are on the bottom of my “must have” list. I do love them, but if I had to get rid of them I could without a fuss.
Guineas I can’t, I’m so hooked. Everything about them I just love. Same with my turkeys. I got them with the intention of eating them....Haha. That was all wrecked the moment I started cuddling one of them. Now he is my baby and will be a life long pet.
Baby snuggles, Beep-Beep.
View attachment 2356996
And Jenny, our only female.
I never held her much as a little baby, but turns out she’s a snuggler too.
View attachment 2356997View attachment 2356998

Yes. You see people say it but don’t realize just how true it is till you experience it.
And their gobbling....😍🥰🥰 Ugh. I hope I can make back a little bit by selling poults and eggs next year. I need to make enough money to buy a turkey from the grocery store for thanksgiving 😂
Fortunately stores use turkeys as a loss leader at ridiculously low prices (even free). You cannot raise a turkey for what you can buy a Thanksgiving turkey.

Fortunately stores use turkeys as a loss leader at ridiculously low prices (even free). You cannot raise a turkey for what you can buy a Thanksgiving turkey.
This it true. Just a couple bags of feed cost more then buying one from the store already to pop in the roaster. Plus I didn’t buy bb turkeys so mine wouldn’t be as big right away either.

I have chickens, guineas, and turkeys right now. Chickens are on the bottom of my “must have” list. I do love them, but if I had to get rid of them I could without a fuss.
Guineas I can’t, I’m so hooked. Everything about them I just love. Same with my turkeys. I got them with the intention of eating them....Haha. That was all wrecked the moment I started cuddling one of them. Now he is my baby and will be a life long pet.
View attachment 2356996

Yes. You see people say it but don’t realize just how true it is till you experience it.
And their gobbling....😍🥰🥰 Ugh. I hope I can make back a little bit by selling poults and eggs next year. I need to make enough money to buy a turkey from the grocery store for thanksgiving 😂
Those snuggly pictures though!!!!! :love :love :love

View attachment 2356996

Try a Tofurkey for Thanksgiving! :lau

Seriously, after seeing the book CAFO, I am eating vegan now. The coffee table edition with all the photos. 😭

I actually like to eat whole foods rather than meat substitutes but my hubby has cravings for cheese and baloney subs and such. He is having one right now. What is available these days is amazing! The cheese is molten in the microwave and here it is, all cruelty-free, plant-based, no animal meat or dairy in it, cholesterol-free, and tasty! We don't need to kill and torture to eat and live. Healthier, actually.

Keep your turkeys for cuddeling!!! :hugs

Cruel_free_sub.jpg

Last edited:
I actually like to eat whole foods rather than meat substitutes but my hubby has cravings for a cheese and baloney subs and such. He is having one right now. What is available these days is amazing! The cheese is molten in the microwave and here it is, all cruelty-free, plant-based, no animal meat or dairy in it, cholesterol-free, and tasty! We don't need to kill and torture to eat and live. Healthier, actually.

View attachment 2357859
Turkeys taste good. Chickens too, but guineas are absolutely delicious.

Turkeys taste good. Chickens too, but guineas are absolutely delicious.

To this I say: Taste is aquired, and Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Also, I think Buddah said, Develop a boundless ethic that encompasses all living things. As you said in a different context: we are allowed to have different opinions.

I actually like to eat whole foods rather than meat substitutes but my hubby has cravings for cheese and baloney subs and such. He is having one right now. What is available these days is amazing! The cheese is molten in the microwave and here it is, all cruelty-free, plant-based, no animal meat or dairy in it, cholesterol-free, and tasty! We don't need to kill and torture to eat and live. Healthier, actually.

View attachment 2357859
Looks delicious! I just butchered four chickens last week but I don’t eat meat. It’s.... odd.

Guineas are bold. I love'em. Never had a chicken. Afraid I would not like the Guineas as much anymore since I hear how chickens can be picked up and cuddle - I would be spoiled, ha ha.
I've read that, too. But I've got a herd of grandkids and 2 dogs. It's good that my goons don't need more human contact. Lol
Someone posted a goonie call asking what it meant, and we thought it had to do with nesting. I've since noted and compared that call to what Blu has been doing lately. Blu is a male, so it's not nesting. He makes the same sound when others come near me,his treat,while he's dust bathing, and right before he crouches down to body slam the big gray. So it's a warning- "MINE! BACK OFF!"
So you can see what life wld be like with "cuddly" chickens! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom