GLW -- look roo-ish to y'all?

SB Austex

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Austin
This is Buttercup. I know it's early yet at 5-6 weeks, but like a lot of people I am anxious to know if I'll have to re-home. If the jury is still out, I'll put up new photos sometime in the future.

56974_buttercup_5wks_head.jpg

56974_buttercup_5wks_side.jpg

56974_buttercup_5wks_back.jpg

Yes that looks like a rooster . I have 2 SLW pullets and their combs just started to get bigger and now they are laying their 6 months old .

Nothing is screaming roo to me at this point. I've seen some Wyandotte roos (in this forum) who at 5-6 weeks had pretty obvious big pink combs and wattles. I'd hold off on worrying just yet, and send her some serious pullet vibes!!!

I'd wait awhile too. I have a GLW that has a bigger comb and waddles than the other GLW. But it is doing the squat move, and looking in nest boxes.
They are 4 months old today!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck!

Quote:
Peppermint's right. My GLW was SURELY a cockerel until a friendly BYC'er saw his pic on my Craigslist ad selling him. Since there wasn't much additional secondary sex characteristics developing after that, the bunch now votes girly... See thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=327550

Good
luck!
But don't let your sherm (she-he-her-him) go too early.

Hey I like that, sherm. I'll have to remember that! Thanks PitterPatterPalace!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom