GMF Organic Soy-Free Trial (Layer Feed)

Good for you OP!

I won't be able to participate, but I am so happy you are doing this for others. My chickens eat split peas and there is a "dose," above which, they won't eat them. Very nice self-regulation.

I have noticed this same thing with flax seeds and pumpkin seeds.

Enjoy your venture and congratulations on helping others achieve flock health!!!

I am very interested as well. I use soy-free organic layer for my nine chickens- all about a year old. They are free-ranged, no meds or anything. I live in CT, though, so I'm hoping that's not too far?

Hopefully I dont forget anyone-

kizanne and 5chicks4us- It will be at least 4 weeks or so until we do this first production run for this trial. It might be a little early for you, however, we can probably hang on to a few bags and send them to you a few weeks later.

Erica- We are still able to use DL Methionine as well. If we could not, it would be drastically more difficult to make a soy free ration that would work well.

ChooksChick- We do not use Fertrell anymore. Their product is too generalized for what we do. The Fertrell Nutri-Balancer is a great "one size fits all" product.....However the local supplement manufacturer, that we use, can provide us with a specialized vit/min mix for each different feed type. They have a state of the art facility, and they are "safe food/safe feed" certified. And, we would be shipping the product via UPS....

1shelby1- We have knife systems on our pellet mills, so we cut our layer pellets to a shorter length than what you may be used to.....

ryudoadema- CT will be easy. We have several dealers in CT. Although I would probably still UPS it direct to you.

I think that Is all of the questions. I will add all of the interested people to the list. We are pretty close to having as many as I would need. Maybe a few more...
smile.png

Awesome, I'm looking forward to helping out.

Do you have/need a form created so we can start charting health, temperament (feather picking etc), # eggs, environmental change (example record 115*F day no eggs next day heat wave broke next day laying resumed) before you send food?

Sounds like we should start now or as late as monday getting data for you. (four weeks of data w/o your food, four weeks (approx) with your food and four weeks after?)

I'm very interested! We have 8 hens of various breeds. They aren't quite big enough to lay yet. It should be about 10 weeks or so until they start. I wish I could get some organic feed locally. It is $50 or so for a shipped bag of feed and that makes it very hard to afford.

I would be very interested, I use Home Grown crumbles, because my feed store doesn't sell any organic feed, but my family eats only organic and if I could get soy free organic feed that would be great.

I maintain a flock of 16 layers, of various breeds.

I have 48 hens that will start laying next month. I can divide in two groups and feed my standard organic feed to one group and the soy-free to the other group. Send me an email with any other details if this fits the profile you are looking for...

I would be very interrested in this as well. I have a flock of 15 and they are used to eating pellets now. I have not gone the organic route here in AZ because there is nothing available locally that is soyfree organic. It needs to be ordered and is very expensive. I would love to try this.

Back
Top Bottom