GMF Organic Soy-Free Trial (Layer Feed)

I would love to participate... we have 21 (minus about 6 soon)
I am home for summer and have plenty of time for observation, etc.

I used to make my own dog food and am always up for finding the best of the best.

Count us in, we already fed soy free but are always looking for different options. We have 31 daughters. Going to lay in August

I would be interested, we currently use a soy based organic feed and are looking to use one with out soy. We have a small flock of 6 girls, 4 golden comets and 2 doms.

Last edited:
Hi again everyone,
Sorry that it has been a while since I have responded to this thread. We are still currently working on developing the correct amino acid profile for this layer feed, without using soy or fishmeal. We should have it completed fairly soon. At that point, I will register the feed, and produce the trial batch.

We are looking at a 4-6 week time frame I would guess. When I have a chance, I will total up the estimated amounts I will need for the folks that have answered this thread so far. I might have to exclude a couple from the first run, but hopefully not.

Talk to you all soon!!

-Eric

Great, can't wait! By then I will have a dozen laying hens and it would be so nice to be able to buy soy-free chicken feed without having to ship it across the country
tongue.png

Hi again all,
I was planning on having something started on this by now, but it is going to be delayed further. My father passed away on 8-5-11, and I have been having to take care of his feed business, as well as mine. I have not had enough time to put this trial together, and it will probably be a few months before I can. On top of that, Irene devistated this whole part of Vermont, and we are having a very difficult time getting around. My commute to work is now 3hrs, so, I am having a hard time just keeping up with the day to day operations at both Mills. I should have things straightened out in a month or two, and I will move foreward with this trial. I am very sorry for the delay.

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you can handle everything. Just take one day at a time. It's cliche but it was what worked for me when my mom passed.

Back
Top Bottom