Go figure..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sara, Jul 11, 2007.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So i bought eggs and put them in the bator since my hens already hatched some peeps earlier this summer. We go out to feed tonight, and what do we find.. two broodies sharing a box. Maybe I should find something interesting to put under them:D

2. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    How cute. I can't wait until mine go broody. They are still young yet.

3. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    This may be a stupid question, but could you take the eggs from the bator and put them under your broody??

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have taken eggs from the incubator several times and placed under a broody. I have decided that there is a point where it is not advisable, at least with a first time mama. Ten days in the incubator would be my limit. In my case the mama seemed to not understand what was going one and pecked the eggs. I think they know how long it should take.

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I was afraid to take the ones out of the bator, for fear of something happeing to them.

6. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    [​IMG] Sounds to me like you will be up to your ears with chicks. I wish I could get a hen to go broody. Problem is they dont want to lead a family life, they rather have all the fun and no responsiblities. kind of feels like I of out of control teenagers.[​IMG] Stupid birds, I have to do all their work with an incubator.

7. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    GOsh I hope I don't have a problem. I want nature to take it's course.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by