Go on - LOOK! We did it once. We did it twice.

woot.gif
how super exciting
ya.gif

Quote:
I don;t know about that. I have some birds that pretty stinkin cute and funny too. The bunnies certainly are softer. Chickens peck, bunnies bite. Well, nibble.
lol.png
Learning bunny behavior is a learning curve for sure. My buck was in the house and suddenly he started flying all over the place, randomly and wildly. Scared the crap outta me. I found out this is called binking and they are showing their happiness and joy. WEIRD!

I started raising rabbits 3 years ago. I started with 1 buck & 3 does. This was my 1st experience with them. Well, I put them in one of my dirt floor cages, & they dug their way to China & back about 3 times, returning with babies each time. I think rabbits get pregnant from the water!
wink.png
After about 3 months, I got rid of that herd & replaced them with chickens! They're cute, but too busy for me!
th.gif

Quote:
Yeah information is key. I did a ton of research before picking a breed and we were fully prepared with seperate cages and a pen for them with concrete. I just love them!!!

Quote:
Thank you sir! I am finding I have more fun at rabbit shows than chicken shows. At chickens shows, it seems that people just want to sell or place. At rabbit shows everyone visits each other, shares tips, brings you water, tells you information, just a different type of people there. Chicken show people are nice, just not as helpful.

Rabbit show people are awesome. Do you mind if I ask what got you started in showing?

Quote:
Thank you sir! I am finding I have more fun at rabbit shows than chicken shows. At chickens shows, it seems that people just want to sell or place. At rabbit shows everyone visits each other, shares tips, brings you water, tells you information, just a different type of people there. Chicken show people are nice, just not as helpful.

Rabbit show people are awesome. Do you mind if I ask what got you started in showing?

We looked into rabbits long and hard before picking the frenchies, mainly because there are not that many that raise them here. Then I got to talking to a friend that shows them, and we purchased ours from her and the rest is history.

Quote:

We looked into rabbits long and hard before picking the frenchies, mainly because there are not that many that raise them here. Then I got to talking to a friend that shows them, and we purchased ours from her and the rest is history.

What's the next breed your starting?

Last edited:
That is so awesome! I always had a blast at rabbit shows.

Kind of a stupid question, but what is a "leg"? What do they count towards and how many do you need? I'm guessing it is like horses and their points, but I never really understood that either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom