Goanna practically on my door step!

Wild--Star

Songster
6 Years
Sep 22, 2015
Australia
Okay, so i got home yesterday and go to walk up the path to my doorstep and I see my hens sitting in a spot that they never sit in and i thought nothing of it until.... I see a Lace Monitor (Goanna) on the path!
It was so weird, I have never seen them that close to the house! It only looked like a young one but i hope it wasn't after my hens!
I managed to make it go down the back away from my hens but i love Goannas. I just dont love the idea of them stalking my chickens.

anyway, that was interesting. I will keep a look out for it again.
Anyone else had any strange encounters with animals? Or any animal stories? I'd love to hear them :)

All the people I know who mow their backyard and keep it tidy get snakes as a result. I am not dumb enough to take their advice on snakes because I don't want to end up over-run with snakes same as them.

I have a messy yard and it's full of critters of all shapes and sizes, except snakes and goannas, because blue tongues hate snakes. Maybe they hate goannas too. Snakes, like politicians can come in the front gate, but the blue tongues get rid off them quick smart.

Goes something like this

0.jpg

Haha yeah. I live on a property with 7 acres of bush which is home to many native species of wildlife and yes we get snakes, lots of them. So long as they stay away from the house I dont mind too much but I walk down the back a lot and have to watch for them. I swear, u name an animal, we've got it lol
1f602.png

I love it but I hate when they get close to my own animals as it is a risk for both my lets and the other animal

Haha well. It was just a joke. Here in Australia we have koalas and us Aussies have made up a joke/legend about these evil koalas who drop down on top of people when they are walking under trees. XD
Lol but koalas are actually really adorable! :)

And people call them koala bears even though they are not a besr but a marsupial.
So its a made up evil koala bear that stops down on you from trees. Thus the name "drop bear".
:) lol

Back
Top Bottom