1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goat breed search

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by 13ChickenGirl, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 13ChickenGirl

13ChickenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2017
    Hi! This is the place you can ask advice on different breeds, what breed fits your weather conditions, milk production, and how much noise you are able to handle! I'll start us off with the question...

What is the quietest breed you can think of? Oh, it needs to be heat tolerant because I'm in AZ.

2. Poultrybreeder

Poultrybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2017
    I would say Alpines are very quiet, I have two half Nubian half Alpine does, and they only bleat occasionally. I am thinking that it is the Alpine side that quieted them down, because I have three purebred Nubians that are extremely noisy. They seem to be heat resistant, I haven't noticed any problems from them, and Alpines are VERY good milkers

13ChickenGirl likes this.
  3. 13ChickenGirl

May 20, 2017
    Thank you! That fits every need of ours! We want to breed our Nubian mixes to a quiet, heat tolerant, good milking breed but we've been having trouble finding one! How does the milk taste? Is it creamy and sweet or does it taste more "goaty"?

4. 13ChickenGirl

May 20, 2017
    Do you by any chance have a picture of your Nubian Alpine?

5. Poultrybreeder

Poultrybreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2017
    Alpine milk I think is on the top list for best tasting milk, and no, but I can get one of her tomorrow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by