GOAT EMERGENCY!!! Please help!!!

Mistysunset2016

Hatching
Jan 2, 2016
My (approx) 8 month old Nigerian goat ate plant fertilizer! She snuck into the pen where we keep it and jumped in the wheelbarrow that was holding the fertilizer and when I found her she was chewing! She couldn't have been in their for more than five minutes but I'm worried! Please help!
:fl

Sent from my iPad

Your goat will probably be fine. Just fill her up with some dry hay. That will dilute whatever she ate.

I'm currently out of hay right now. I will run to the store in the morning asap! Thank you for your comforting words?

welcome-byc.gif

As a nurse I've had to call Poison Control for humans eating Miracle-Grow. I've been assured it's non-toxic even for toddlers, so I'm thinking the goat will be alright.

I'm currently out of hay right now. I will run to the store in the morning asap! Thank you for your comforting words?

Hay is the backbone of a goat's diet, so take care not to let it run out again.

If she isn't doing poorly by this point and has no signs of chemical burns on her mucous membranes, then she should be OK. Next time, call a livestock veterinarian first, don't post on a forum. A veterinarian is a medical professional, they will have the best answer. A call will not cost you money. Many prefer to troubleshoot over the phone versus a tedious farm visit.

Back
Top Bottom