goat having vaginal blood discharge

kaythlin

Chirping
Oct 28, 2017
hello, my nine-ten month Nigerian goat has bloody mucus-like discharge coming from her vaginal area
also, I noticed it just last night doesn't seem like it keeps on coming out
(don't know if this helps but our buck is in rut)
I'm not quite certain its a miscarriage but she has been exposed to our buck for about a month now
she also has diarrhea like substance on the fur around her behind, but it could just be mud?
other than that shes eating normal and grazing around and having fun with the rest of our animals, super normal behavior except for the blood.
how long should I wait until I can see a vet? (and if I need to see a vet asap, any recommendations on how to save money, I can't afford expensive vet bills atm)

If she has a bloody discharge chances are she aborted. For blood to show she would have to have been more than a month along. Cows will sometimes have a bloody discharge right after they go out of heat. I don't remember seeing this in goats but it could be the case here. If the goat is acting OK chances are she is OK. If the bloody discharge persists she should probably be checked but other than that no.

My Pal said to separate her because possibly she is bred and the Buck is too Randy and caused her vagina to bleed. :hmm
oh no :( , i have seen the buck quite aggressive with her, she now started defending herself and hits him with her horns (he doesn't have any), and hes moved on to our other doe so i'm pretty sure she will be alright. thank you though!

hello, my nine-ten month Nigerian goat has bloody mucus-like discharge coming from her vaginal area
also, I noticed it just last night doesn't seem like it keeps on coming out
(don't know if this helps but our buck is in rut)
I'm not quite certain its a miscarriage but she has been exposed to our buck for about a month now
she also has diarrhea like substance on the fur around her behind, but it could just be mud?
other than that shes eating normal and grazing around and having fun with the rest of our animals, super normal behavior except for the blood.
how long should I wait until I can see a vet? (and if I need to see a vet asap, any recommendations on how to save money, I can't afford expensive vet bills atm)
Vulvitis - swelling and bleeding of the vulva. Keep infected away from others. Treat with antimicrobials. Mild antiseptic creams. Tulathromycin has worked successfully.

Back
Top Bottom