goat selling question

i am not trying to be mean but why would your friend suggest a home with violent kids? I would have never let a goat go to that house! Sorry...

Not for nothing the goat could have graised on poisonus plants and died. You as a buyer assume the risk when buying livestock unless a warrenty is expressed by the seller. You just can't assume you get your $$ back if you r goat dies. Alot of factors can play on the goats survival.

The goat was healthy and now is dead! Is that your fault? I would say NO!

Quote:
That's the thing. I am not in the business of selling lots of goats. We have goats. I usually just take one or two to the farmer's market when we need to thin down. (we can only keep so many) I only gave these to my friend to sell because she is my friend. And her neighbors wanted a couple of goats to keep down weeds, so she was trying to help them out. I don't know what happened to the goat other than it died about ten days after leaving our home. And none of mine are ill nor are my friend's goats ill. That makes me think it was the new owners who did something wrong. It could have even eaten a poisoned plant or been bloated or anything. I did offer to give them a couple of the spring billys to replace her, but they want a doe, which I understand. And it wasn't a lot of money. It's just unfortunate. I wish I had sold her at market. At least she would have went to a home where they were more familiar with goats, and a vet would have cleared her before sale. I just feel bad because they think I pulled a "fast one" on them or somehow caused the goat's demise.

Last edited:
Quote:
She just wanted to get them some goats for their pasture. She would never allow a goat to be hurt if she could have foreseen it. (she is a wonderful person) And I don't know if the boy did anything to the goat or it was something else. I just know my daughter says he has a lot of issues and is mean to his mom.

Quote:
She just wanted to get them some goats for their pasture. She would never allow a goat to be hurt if she could have foreseen it. (she is a wonderful person) And I don't know if the boy did anything to the goat or it was something else. I just know my daughter says he has a lot of issues and is mean to his mom.

OHHHHH. Sounds like the goat ate something bad. Hope it all works out for you all.

Back
Top Bottom