Goat Toys! How To Make Toys That Are Perfect For Your Goats!

I find that Fisher-Price toys are very good and entertaining for my pygmy on the rare occasions that he is left alone or has to be confined to his pen on wet days. These toys can be bought cheaply at charity shops and markets and are easy for them to use (Pulling strings and pressing lights and buttons with their noses) I highly recommend them

I have a young bottle raised four month old girl. She follows me, comes when called, loves to jump up high and play on things but also loves to lie down and sleep on me. She has got a heap of logs to jump on, but I was wondering what else anyone would suggest.

I have a young bottle raised four month old girl. She follows me, comes when called, loves to jump up high and play on things but also loves to lie down and sleep on me. She has got a heap of logs to jump on, but I was wondering what else anyone would suggest.

If you are keeping her alone, she needs another goat. Another doe or a wether, not a buck. Goats are herd animals.

Hello everyone. Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread since it started 4 years ago but I sure hope so. I just purchased two pygmy goats, they are only 1 month old so I have not taken possession of them yet and will be able to pick them up in a couple months. Since this will be my first time owning ANY farm animal ive been researching my butt off to ensure my goats get everything they need to be happy and healthy. They are both males and they will be fixed in about a month. So, I was hoping y'all could provide me with any advise?? Anything that happened you think a new goat owner needs to know about? They will have a good shelter and we are in the process of actually building an awesome tree house type climbing obsticle for lack of a better word...it will actually double as an additional shelter. Anything else besides the toys ive read about in this thread?? Whats the best diet? Ive read hay and goat feed, some fruits and veggies as treats along with salt and mineral licks..or rocks or whatever they are called. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Whether boys shouldn't be fed too much grain and I would avoid alfalfa hay, you don't need them to end up with bladder stones.

A good grass hay, pasture, a good goat mineral, loose with copper, and free choice baking soda. Mine enjoy tree and shrub trimmings especially willow. Every goat has different treat preferences, some like banana, apples, pumpkins. Most like tortilla chips, crackers, bread, things like that.

Find a good goat feed to raise your young ones on, feed sparingly. You can kill goats by feeding too much grains or switching diets quickly, so make any changes slowly. An adult wether should be an easy keeper and get fat on grass and hay and shouldn't require any grain and could cause troubles.

Hello everyone. Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread since it started 4 years ago but I sure hope so. I just purchased two pygmy goats, they are only 1 month old so I have not taken possession of them yet and will be able to pick them up in a couple months. Since this will be my first time owning ANY farm animal ive been researching my butt off to ensure my goats get everything they need to be happy and healthy. They are both males and they will be fixed in about a month. So, I was hoping y'all could provide me with any advise?? Anything that happened you think a new goat owner needs to know about? They will have a good shelter and we are in the process of actually building an awesome tree house type climbing obsticle for lack of a better word...it will actually double as an additional shelter. Anything else besides the toys ive read about in this thread?? Whats the best diet? Ive read hay and goat feed, some fruits and veggies as treats along with salt and mineral licks..or rocks or whatever they are called. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
We feed grass hay and cracked corn with oats. We used to feed store bought goat feed but its exspensive for the first part and for the second part all of our bucks and our alpha does turned into pushy jerks who fought with everyone else when they got near the grain or hay. We suspect it was to much sugar in the store feed but can't be sure since we switched to just a bit of cracked corn and oats they have stopped being so aggressive with each other. We also use trace mineral blocks with selenium in case they are lacking anything. They have free choice loose minerals and baking soda though they dont use it to much. For treats mine really love gingersnap cookies but they dont get them often again i dont think the sugar load is overly good for them. For treats we mostly feed fruit and veggies they like apples and carrots a lot. For my goats one of their very favorite things is evergreen branches.

Also dont forget to worm your goats that is important and check in your area if coccidiosis is a problem as you may want to preventative treat or just keep an eye out for the symptoms so you can treat if they need it.

Bascially use your common sense, you have small goats, everything needs to be in moderation. Even if they really look like they want more don't give in because i honestly dont think goats or sheep know when to stop. Hay is safe as it takes them so long to eat/digest it they cant over eat to a lethal point. We had our nigerian buck break into our grain room and eat a 50lb bag of grain in about 4hrs, he died from it so make sure everything is secure and locked up so they cant get to it.

Hi Your Tree house sounds great. My 2 live in a 2 storey kids play house called "Capricorn Cottage" They like ramps to go up and slides to come down (Often the other way round!) See-Saws Log piles and balls are also welcome. Best thing U can do is get a garden chair and a cup of coffee and just sit and watch what they like to do best and customize their equipment to suite. They make their own fun and you wont be able to stop yourself laughing at their antics! They are bundles of pure joy....Good luck with them

Have gotten good ideas for goat toys from this thread and confirmation that a few of my own ideas would work. Now to take a slow drive through the alleys to see what treasures people have thrown away this weekend...

Back
Top Bottom