Goats and Chickens

trainhound

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
California High Desert
Are goats and chickens compatible living in the same space such as a corral? I have 2 nubians goats and I'm building a 100'x50'x6' tall chainlink pen for the goats and I would like to let some of my chickens live with them.

yes they will get along fine.if you feed your hens just make sure the goats cant get to the feed.because the goats will eat it all.

Mine get along just fine. As long as you have plenty of room for all. Just feed them apart.
bbb116.jpg

Last edited:
Yes mine all roam together, but the goat and sheep cannot get in there coop or where there food and water is. Let me tell you he sure would like to get in there.
barnie.gif

How funny that there are so many folks with goats and chickens! We just bought 5 pygmy goats last weekend and are madly in love with them. I read a county extension flyer about goats promoting (sharing?) parasites in chickens, but since everyone gets wormed regularly maybe it is not such a big deal? We have discussed moving the chickens into the big goat pen but have not done it yet. They are still on opposite ends of the yard.

Quote:
The owning goats and chickens together thing, is to funny!
lol.png
We got 12 RIR chicks for Easter and then turned around and bought 2 baby goats (kids) the next week! I just had to laugh when I read that, because that's us too!
big_smile.png
I love the idea about keeping the goats and chickens together!!! That would save money and take a load off of my DH. Thank heavens he puts up with me and my hobbies! Thanks for the idea!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom