goats with hard tummies

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
my 2 girls have very hard tummies...it looks like their sides are jutting out or something. is this normal? its not their normal fatness. they are fine otherwise, not crying or anything.
also..one of them has started butting me for some reason..is this also normal? its very unnerving because shes usually very friendly and she doesnt seem mad when she does it.

Which side of their tummies? Left? That would be the rumen, and it's probably just full. If they start grinding their teeth, acting like they have a belly ache or foaming at the mouth - it might be bloat. Have some Therabloat or oil at the ready, JIC.

As for the doe, she's decided she's the boss of you! Better nip that behavior in the bud before she hurts you.

how do i do that? i pushed her away and told her no..i pushed her butt too, not her head in case that would encourage her to do that. she got me in the side last night so i put some tennis balls on her for now
lol.png

as for the hardness, its both sides! they are so fat now, and they all want to sit in my lap but are a bit too big now i think. its hard to believe they are the same goats, as shy as they were at first because now they are like big hairy and gassy lap dogs
lol.png

I wouldn't push here, that usually makes things worse. Try a squirt gun, and when she starts give her a quick squirt, that should stop things in short order. Or just step off her, which means when she comes at you, step out of her field of contact, sometimes that works as well.

the best is when they sneeze and fart at the same time..
lol.png

ill try that then..i dont want her to end up goring me to death or something.

Back
Top Bottom