God forgive me for asking a question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the egg packing Q~
As someone who has bought a lot of shipped eggs I can tell you what has worked out well.

bubble wrap each egg-yes
smile.png

use shredded paper or peanuts in box-yes
smile.png

use crumpled newspaper-no, if the box gets crushed, the newspaper acts as a battering ram into your eggs instead of moving out if the way like shredded or peanuts.
idunno.gif

The cartons seem to work well if they are not jammed shut to tight. Bubble wrap around them seems to be a plus.
smile.png

Finally, DO NOT just toss unwrapped eggs into a giant box with peanuts. Yes I had to say it because a BYCer did this to me-someone who supposedly has years of poultry experience and expertise.
rant.gif

First, I fill the box up with shredded paper. Making sure to provide lots and lots of cushioning for the eggs. Then I bubblewrap each egg individually. I nestle all the eggs in the middle of the box, providing cushion between each egg. Then I make sure to put lots and lots of cushioning so there is no way that the eggs will move around in the box. After Im done closing the box. I put labels saying "FRAGILE", and "HANDLE WITH CARE!!" all over the box.

Last edited:
I wrap the eggs in nickle size bubble wrap , tape the center and ends like a fat tootsie roll . place them in a box lined with same bubble wrap, tape box and place inside another box full of styro peanuts. The shipping is high but the eggs fair real good ,barring postal misshap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom