God help me -- I've got 25 button quail eggs en route.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Denninmi, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Songster

Jul 26, 2009
    I must be nuts. I've got 6 turkeys, 5 ducklings, and 6 chicks about 2 weeks old.

This will be it for the year, though. It is sort of addicting to hatch things.

2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Songster

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Famous last words!! Last year I started with one lonely rooster who was dumped on my property. This year I have approximately 50 chickens, 50 ducks, 16 geese, 16 guineas and a whole lotta things hatching.......

AND 25 Button Quail eggs on their way to me!!! ROFL!!!!

Addicting?? Nah!

Good luck!!

Laurie

3. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    It for the year huh?
    Famous last words.... [​IMG]

Once you see those tiny little fuzzy butts running around you will be in deeper than you ever thought possible. [​IMG]

4. MissCluck

MissCluck Songster

I agree! There is NOTHING like those little bumbly bee fuzzy butts zooming around to make you want more!

5. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    I'm new here...waiting on 6 chicks to arrive. But I already have 7 Button Quail. And I have to agree, once you start hatching things you just can't stop. [​IMG]

6. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Yeah its addicting, you just have to find the minimum excuse to hatch even more, I have 48 eggs in the incubator right now, and I'm already thinking on what I'll be putting in as soon as I have the incubator free!!!

7. Terri O

Terri O Songster

Oh no....I just bought an incubator yesterday. I already have about 60 chickens lots of ducks and geese and one quail...oh oh--I sense trouble ahead for me! [​IMG] Terri O

Oops--forgot about the turkeys and guineas in the basement....

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    Quote:See how they sneek up on you...so easy to "forget" about those ones in the basement, or garage, or diningroom (who needs that room anyway). I limit myself by refusing to get an incubator but I betcha that one finds it way onto my Christmas List! [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Buttons Are Addicting ... Very Addiciting! LOL [​IMG]
    I have a pair of buttons and I started saving eggs until I had 6 then I started incubating them. They were due to hatch yesterday, but didn't. But they are still trying to hatch.
    Six days ago I started saving eggs again so I had 6 eggs the day the first batch of egg were suppost to hatch, so I stuck those in the bator + 8 Chicken Eggs. [​IMG] Now ... Tell me I'm Not Addicted to Buttons! ( And even if you do tell me, I won't believe you! LOL Ha ha! [​IMG] [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  10. holachicka

holachicka Songster

Jan 4, 2010
    Folsom, CA
    Oh it is so very addicting!!! I got 22 chickens, DH said no more birds, then I got 100 coturnix eggs, DH said, NO MORE BIRDS! then I got chikar eggs, DH said NO MORE, I MEAN IT! Now I have 30 butler bobwhites in the bator... And he's still saying no more! I'm such a bad wife... (of course I talk him into it before buying, I couldn't go around his back, I'd feel too guilty)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by