God help me -- I've got 25 button quail eggs en route.

Denninmi

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
I must be nuts. I've got 6 turkeys, 5 ducklings, and 6 chicks about 2 weeks old.

This will be it for the year, though. It is sort of addicting to hatch things.

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA Famous last words!! Last year I started with one lonely rooster who was dumped on my property. This year I have approximately 50 chickens, 50 ducks, 16 geese, 16 guineas and a whole lotta things hatching.......

AND 25 Button Quail eggs on their way to me!!! ROFL!!!!

Addicting?? Nah!

Good luck!!

Laurie

It for the year huh?
Famous last words....
gig.gif

Once you see those tiny little fuzzy butts running around you will be in deeper than you ever thought possible.
smile.png

I'm new here...waiting on 6 chicks to arrive. But I already have 7 Button Quail. And I have to agree, once you start hatching things you just can't stop.
roll.png

Yeah its addicting, you just have to find the minimum excuse to hatch even more, I have 48 eggs in the incubator right now, and I'm already thinking on what I'll be putting in as soon as I have the incubator free!!!

Oh no....I just bought an incubator yesterday. I already have about 60 chickens lots of ducks and geese and one quail...oh oh--I sense trouble ahead for me!
wink.png
Terri O

Oops--forgot about the turkeys and guineas in the basement....

Last edited:
Quote:
See how they sneek up on you...so easy to "forget" about those ones in the basement, or garage, or diningroom (who needs that room anyway). I limit myself by refusing to get an incubator but I betcha that one finds it way onto my Christmas List!
barnie.gif

Buttons Are Addicting ... Very Addiciting! LOL
smile.png

I have a pair of buttons and I started saving eggs until I had 6 then I started incubating them. They were due to hatch yesterday, but didn't. But they are still trying to hatch.
Six days ago I started saving eggs again so I had 6 eggs the day the first batch of egg were suppost to hatch, so I stuck those in the bator + 8 Chicken Eggs.
roll.png
Now ... Tell me I'm Not Addicted to Buttons! ( And even if you do tell me, I won't believe you! LOL Ha ha!
tongue.png
lol.png
)

Last edited:
Oh it is so very addicting!!! I got 22 chickens, DH said no more birds, then I got 100 coturnix eggs, DH said, NO MORE BIRDS! then I got chikar eggs, DH said NO MORE, I MEAN IT! Now I have 30 butler bobwhites in the bator... And he's still saying no more! I'm such a bad wife... (of course I talk him into it before buying, I couldn't go around his back, I'd feel too guilty)

Back
Top Bottom