God really Listens

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Dont really know where to begin with this. We finally heard from our son today from Iraq. His unit was under a mortor atttack earlier this week. Thankfully he was not hurt much. Two of his friends were injured but somehow the shell that landed right behind my son didnt go off. It sprayed alot of rocks that left welts on his back but otherwise he was unhurt. I told him God would protect him. My prayers and all the family and friends who pray for him daily have been heard. He is safe for now and the best part he is being transferred tomorrow. I am not sure fwhere but heres praying its alitlle safer there. The news media have decided that there is no more war in Iraq. But I hope people realize these men and women are still in harms way over there. Please pray for all the men and women deployed and serving in both IRAQ and AFGANASTAN. Without our prayers for their safety they may not complete their mission and come home safe.

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I am so glad he is okay for now! I pray for his safe journey home!

3. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I'm glad he's o.k. and hopefully he gets to come home soon. Thanks for sharing your story. It just shows that our prayers really do help.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG]

5. Buckhorn Farm

Buckhorn Farm OLD Country Girl

Mar 30, 2009
    North Florida
    Micki....So glad that Jason is ok, he is in my prayers each day. My DH
    's son leaves for his second time to Iraq in March. God is good!

6. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    God Bless your son for serving. I am married to an Iraq vet who lost his left eye. They all deserve so much more than what the government is giving them.

7. journey11

journey11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2009
    WV
    So glad he is ok! [​IMG] Keeping our troops and your son in my prayers. They are our true heroes! God bless them and keep them.

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Excellent! God is so good to answer your prayers like this! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by