Going from Grey to Red?

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
Anyone here dye their 40% grey hair dark burgundy RED???

I tried some of those online "see what you'd look like" websites. I don't look too bad with dark burgundy red hair - the kind with sort of purply overtones, but I'm sort of afraid to dye it w/o more info about what could happen.

My hair is very light blonde. 40% of the front half of my head is very white - the kind of white you get after you've gone beyond grey.

My friend, be very very careful with reds when you have grey hair. The greys can become a vivid pink. If I were you, I would stick with a brunette dye first, and then use a red for highlights AFTER you dye it brown. Be very careful. I have seen some real disasters with reds.

I have actually used a Feria product for a long time that does not fade, but if you have those white hairs, red is pretty much a no-non without another color on top. I have dyed my hair various colors over the last 30 years and have seen some real messes.

You know what, I was thinking pink about the fading not red - I've done so many colors I can't keep track anymore.

hair.jpg

That faded really fast and looked amazingly bad for a while til I scraped up enough cash to re-dye it. I suspect that wasn't the look you were going for though.
wink.png

Feria Cherry Wood, try that one, I scared myself when I left my second ex by chopping off elbow length brown/reddish hair and dyed it cherrywood, pretty, but WOW! Never did that again, (get a man or dye my hair, nor cut it short)LOL

Quote:
I used to use Chocolate Cherry - a very dark auburn. At first it is eggplant colored for about 2 days, and my fiance hates that so I went to a way more expensive color - blond weave with red low lights!

I've been dying my hair red for so long that I'm sure I've got gray hair in there, I just keep covering it up! It does fade, but as my roots grow in it kind of blends in. It's funny to think of how many people I know that have never seen my natural hair color!

Quote:
Now hey, there's nothing wrong with vivid pink hair, thank you very much!
tongue.png

As white hair is coarser, generally, it should take dye beautifully. The nice thing about hair is that it grows out, so I say play around with it.

I suggest going to a decent salon for the color. Dont do it yourself from a box.
I used to dye my hair red. Last time I did I noticed the greys were just not "right'

Now I keep my hair a dark brown that matches my eyebrows. I get more compliments now than I did as a red head.. or with the lighter ash brown I used before. Red is a tricky color to work with. Whether on walls, nails, lips or on your head. And when it's on your head.. you have no way to hide it if it looks bad

Back
Top Bottom