Going Green Chicken Coop...(FINISHED!!! PICS on Page 2 ***** )

I've been out of town for a few days and when I got back hubby made progress!
cool.png

coop6.jpg

coop7.jpg

coop8.jpg

We haven't been able to secure any siding, and he doesn't want to keep plywood on the sides exposed, so we may break down and buy some Wanescoating for the sides. We'll see though... someone out there still may have some to give
wink.png

Quote:
Well for me the environmental part of it is a bonus and not the driving reason. I've just always wanted to move to the country and raising chickens was part of that.

Well, we worked all day on it! I've been in and out with the baby, so DH did most the work. I did get to use the nail gun though!!!

I started laying the vinyl flooring, just haven't finished. Maybe tomorrow!

coop9.jpg

coop10.jpg

coop11.jpg

coop12.jpg

Now, they built it about 10 feet from where I want it, so they tried to move it tonight (THEY being my DH and his best friend). It wouldn't BUDGE! So this is going to be funny to watch as he gets more people over to help! hehehe

looks good! i have mine in the driveway for building and i am just about done with siding. its gonna take at least 4 strong men to move. oh well!

Its all done!!! Finally finished. We were plugging away at it this past weekend and on monday. We literally were moving chickens in by the light of the driveway flood lights.

The girls seem pretty happy today though.

coop13.jpg

coop14.jpg

coop15.jpg

coop16.jpg

coop17.jpg

Total Cost of our Green Dream Coop. $94

Now my husband is offering to build them for others!

(P.S. - NO fun moving this thing to where it ended up. Took 4 guys. )

That is adorable!

I love the colors you chose. Your coop looks like it could be in a garden magazine as a fashionable garden accessory. And those mums in the windows are an excellent finishing touch!

Back
Top Bottom