Going nuts, its tax time!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by willowcol, Feb 3, 2009.

1. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I figured I would jump on turbo tax and do our taxes. Got all my paperwork in so why not right? Well we got a 1099-c from a credit card for cancellation of debt. I know we have to claim the amount as income, I understand we have to pay taxes on this. However turbo tax won't let me enter the ammount, it just says I should talk to a tax expert, lol. I don't need a expert, I just want to enter the amount. So it seem like I have wasted 2 hours filling in information just to realize I guess I can't use turbo tax this year. Anyone know of another online tax site that is good, and that will let me put in the 1099-c so I can get these taxes done?

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Just print the forms you need from a government website and do your taxes manually. You should be able to review from Turbo Tax what you have filled in so far.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I always dread this month. My appointment with the tax lady (she's been my patient for 21 years) is on Feb. 18th. I love her to pieces, I just get stressed, always worry I'll owe!

4. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    husband did ours Sat night.
    It was weird having to enter information from an actual "job" for me.
    Been nearly 7 years since I worked outside of the home.
    Most of our refund will be going to the house though. Same as always. Someday I will actually get to put money in savings again.

5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I can't do ours till my family corporate taxes are done [​IMG] I sure wish the acct. would hurry up with those. [​IMG]

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I did mine with turbo tax .. they were not complicated tho.. should be getting my tax refund soon. [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I got mine done. Takes me awhile to get everything together as we claim our farm, I have used Turbo Tax or years.

8. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I use TaxAct.com Great sight and easy to use!

9. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Thanks I will check out TaxAct.com, I really want to do them online. Would love to use turbo tax again, but I think they need to fix thier program if it won't let you enter 1099-c info unless it was a house foreclosure.

10. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

why do you have to count your credit card as income if they cancelled the debt? [​IMG]

Did I miss something along the way here? That isnt income...... is it??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by