Going to be picking up lots of koi

Goldfish need lots of room,10 gallons per fish.

The duck will probly do whatever he can do to get to the fish, I dont think the fabric mesh will stop him from getting them if he really wants them

ok. Thanks for the info. I can build a second pond next to the walkway. They been coming up to see me in the holding tank. I am getting attached. I am trying to find the camera to take some pics but no luck as of yet. I wish yall could have seen me in the mud. I was noodling for goldfish lol. What is really sad is I could cup my hand and pick up a handful of goldfish. Why would people do this to these poor fishies?

I wont pick him up no more. I never new our skin could harm them? Thats some good advice. I have him seperated cause I know he was eating a few goldies.

Last edited:
"Know that you should never touch your frog with your bare hands if you can avoid it. Salt released by your skin can be harmful to frogs. Wash your hands before and after caring for frogs."

I cant resell them. I really like them and might keep them all. There kind of like chickens lol. You should see the size of the albino! My mom gve me her old retro cell phone. I lost all my ringtones but I dont care. the cell is a material thing.

I will where gloves or wash my hands before picking him up.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey I hope you aren't taking my advice as being rude, if i was talkin to ya face to face you'd see that im totally rootin you on but also being the annoying (been there done that ) person with lots of nagging info! he he!!!! I posted above why (salt)
smile.png

YOu did a great thing, and you could ask taht question (why did they do that to them) about just about anything us humans do...humans as a whole need their bums kicked everynow and then for teh stupid inconsiderate things they do...HOWEVER theres those special few of us that actuall do teh right thing to help whatever others ruin.
smile.png

No I dont think it was rude. I learned something new and am glad you told me
smile.png
. I really cant wait to get more. I am thinking of moving my trees and making a 30' pond next to the walkway so I can walk past them everytime I have to get my chickens food.

I can tell you that standard feeder gold fish is going to need a lot more than 10 gallons each. The one inch rule doesn't work either since 10 inches of guppy is A LOT less poo than 10 inches of carp family. They can easily get over a foot long and are heavy feeders and waste producers. I have a 10 incher and a 6 incher in a 30 with a 70 gallon rated filter and they have already out grown the tank. Filter has to be flushed twice a week and they are fed once a day what they can eat in a few minutes. They'd go back out if it wasn't for the darn coon who ate everybody else.

I have to get a fountain for oxygen and a filter for the water. What is the best nitrate sucking plant? water lilies? The pond is going to be 30'x4-5'. How does that sound? The duck dont go in his pen right now since it is not secure. They are going to go in that for a week till the new pond is set up. I may post an ad on here in case I plan to get rid of a few. There are still 1,000 or so left at the dried up pond.

Back
Top Bottom