Going to be picking up lots of koi

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
actually I dont know what they are. They are draining a pond next to my moms office and leaving the fish to die. She said they are orange fish a small. There are also tadpoles. Anyway we are making the pond in my ducks cage bigger since he has a really small pond. Can anyone tell me about them? What is also a small orange fish other then koi???

might be feeder goldfish,some of them are gold and some are brown,might also be rubies,at least that is what we call them here,they are a feeder type of fish,if they are small your duck will eat them,which is better then latting them die and go to waste..and a good food source for your duck..

Thanks for the info. They will have a good life in the new pond till the duck goes out. Hopefully they are baby koi. I wanted koi since I was 10

Just got back. Over 200 gold fish. Some albino and some standard. I also have a pet bull frog now who is about 7 inches long. Poor things where on the land dying. The water where the stream trickles is about 2 feet deep. I also caught a few tadpoles. They are no pets. The biggest goldfish I caught is about 6 inches. Will try to get pics tomorrow as I am really tired. My whole body went under in the mud and I got stuck. Also my cell phone is garbage since I forgot it in my pocket. What a day LOL!

I would just be careful if you reallyw ant to keep your new fishies alive you may want a separate pond specifically for them. I was watching an agricultural show in the spring on Ag TV and they said that ducks should not be swimming in the same water as prized fish the ducks will fowl the water and make it almost unlivable for the fish. Glad you rescued them!
smile.png

I used to have goldfish all the time with my ducks, but they were for my ducks to eat,which they did.

If you plan on keeping both ducks and fish, you need 2 ponds.

They sound more like golfish then koi to me,but pictures would help

I will separate them. I think they where thrown in there by carnival people (You know the game where you can win goldfish). The bullfrog is in my room. That my newest pet. He was fed a few night crawlers and gobbled them up. I really love my new pets and may by another fish tank to house them in. We are getting lots more tomorrow
smile.png

Its no longer a pond. All that was left is a puddle. They are putting up a
building over there. There is nothing else but roads and he will surly get hit. We have alot of lakes next to us so he will go to one of them once we have time. He is a big boy and likes to be petted. They are definitely comets. We also have 100 or so tadpoles. If I cant keep them in the tank They will stay in the pond cause its 3' deep. I was thinking about dividing the pond in half with a fabric mesh so the fish have there own spot and the duck has his own spot.

Back
Top Bottom