Going to set a trap for another coon....

Calebs Acre Good luck hunting!
big_smile.png

Thanks! I got the link to the Tomahawk traps, too! But, I think I'll start with my HavAHeart, though it is probably too small for my racoons. I feel more than Elmer Fudd than the Great White Hunter

When ever I set a live trap for coons I like to put a couple of large marshmallows on the pan along with a slightly opened can of sardines. Coons are extremely curious and the white seems to pique that trait. If I'm having trouble with catching the neighbors cat I eliminate the sardines and still catch coons.

The time the coon sprung the trap without being caught, DD threw some cracked corn (scratch) in and reset the trap and caught it. I don't know if it was just really hungry, or they don't really care what they eat, probably the latter. Lol But between the marshmallows and putting boards around and on top the trap, we had no problems catching the last one.
big_smile.png
What ever works right?!

Last edited:
Remember that coons can also carry rabies. If you do want to eat them stay away from their teeth, saliva and brains. Better to be safe them sorry.

Calebs
I have a lot of friends that swear by peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I know they love peanut butter butt I use some kind of meat. They love brown beans also.

lickskillet
Momma will weigh at least 20 but probably around 30 lbs. I hope you have her. Be careful with her though because she will be smarter & stronger then all the others put together. She can turn a trap inside out.

Last edited:
Caught coon #4 sometime after midnight! Hopefully it was the last coon for a while. We'll be keeping the trap set just in case though
wink.png
BTW I got to looking at the trap and I was wrong about manufacturer, it is not a Havahart, it's a True-catch, sorry about the mistake.
tongue.png

21241_img_1525.jpg

ddawn Thanks for the link! Lol I was a young kid the last and only time I ate squirrel brains, (ALOT of years ago). It was a one time thing the hunters in my family had heard about and we all tried it. But thanks for your concern!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
>>BTW I got to looking at the trap and I was wrong about manufacturer, it is not a Havahart, it's a True-catch, sorry about the mistake.<<

That is the same kind I used. Caught the racoon the same night I put the trap out. I thought it was too small but the racoon didn't think it was.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom