Going to set a trap for another coon....

Lol, Kitty's with a sweet tooth! Hehe.

kingmt Yes, but how many in-laws/out-laws might we be talking about?
wink.png

Quote:
Just to be sure, do you have a link to the exact trap you used? I have been trying to trap coons for over a year and they seem to laugh at my HaveAHeart trap. Is it a cage-style trap? I know NOTHING about these things, being a city slicker and all, but I know I want to move out the coons who think they live here...so much so that they come up and visit my cat on the back patio in the middle of the night!!

Thanks for a new idea!

CONGRATULATIONS, Lickskillet!!! Great job....can you come to Long Island and teach me how to do it?

Last edited:
th.gif
Unbelievable! WOWSERS!!! How many more of those dang things are there living in your area? SHESH!

We haven't had anything YET, but seeing this makes me want to set our trap just to see what's lurking about! Trying to convince DH I need one of those night time cameras so we can watch. Hasn't worked yet, but I keep telling him it would be good for hunting as well, since the deer are our biggest problem.

Keep setting that trap! Don't let it go empty!

Oh and since those coon are feeding on your yummy chick feed, I would try fixing one for dinner and seeing what it taste like. At least you know it's eating clean food, and they say coons are one of the cleanest eaters.

Hmmm, never ate coon, but for some reason, I'm wanting to try it now~!

Quote:
Should be no more then 6 to one family. When you catch Momma that should be all of them. Those that you have pictured look like kittens to me. They will still be with Momma.

Quote:
That is said as a joke. Coons wash there food because they have no saliva glands. They wet it to help swallow.

Coons will eat out of trash, compost, & even dig corn out of poop to eat. If you call this clean eating then at least it was washed.

I have never ate coon but something I want to try. I'm not going to eat the mouth butt or guts so I don't care what he eats.

Calebs Acre Our trap IS a Havahart. It is the size for coons. They have a website that tells you what size to get for what animal your trying to catch. I don't know the exact age of ours(trap) but it's old!

kingmt I think we caught momma last night. It was bigger than the rest, and we still heard another run off in the woods after checking to see if the trap was sprung. I don't know if it was the same one that was in the run or another. We'll see. These coons caught before last night were about from butt not tail to tip of nose 18-20 inches long. DH brought up the other one this morning and the first thing he said was "This one is heavy". So definatly bigger than the past 2.

I'll be on the lookout now for at least 2 more. But will probably keep the trap set for a while longer just in case.
smile.png

Going to go suck down more coffee, then go fix the damage in the run, yeah. Lol

I wouldn't ever assume that you have caught them all. I have caught several in a row that I terminated, waited a week and caught more than I did the first time.

>> I know NOTHING about these things, being a city slicker and all, but I know I want to move out the coons who think they live here...so much so that they come up and visit my cat on the back patio in the middle of the night!<<

Please watch out for that! A racoon killed my old pet cat, Smokey, last week...chewed his hind leg off and tore his insides out in front of my front door.
hit.gif

Several years ago another racoon killed a younger cat the same way. I watched the last one eat alongside my cats several times without showing aggression toward them, then one night- WHAMMO.
somad.gif

Got both of them, but not soon enough.

Quote:
The trap will be set. Someone said tuna fish was a good bait. I'm sure there are tons of threads about trapping, so I will do my research. Thanks for the advice. I have some HUGE, HUGE racoons at my house. We have a 600 plus acre park right behind our house, mostly all forest, so I am sure we have an endless supply of them....unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom