Going to take the girls for a ride in the car

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
I got chickens last May and my 92 year old grandmother has never seen them! I'm going to take my favorite, Gwen, and our banty cochin over to visit her today.
big_smile.png
I think she'll like it: her mother always had urban chickens (it wasn't a novelty in the 1920s) and my grandma says I'm a lot like her mother.

That sounds so nice, Jenn. My Grandmother is oabout four hours away, or 'd do like you. I last saw her about a month ago at her big sister's 100th birthday party!

UPDATE - I decided to take just Tribble, my banty cochin. She loved my grandma's kitchen, and ate a good deal of cat food. She (the chook) napped in the car on the way home. I could just imagine her rubbing her tummy and going: "aaahhhh".

My grandma thought Tribble was very cute, and told me all about the racing pigeons and banties her brother kept as a teen. Her mom always had a flock of about 10 chickens, and they didn't eat any. I can't figure that one out and would be willing to bet they did eat them, just that Grandma didn't realize it.

My grandma can be a really negative person, so taking a prop to start discussions is really useful!

Back
Top Bottom