Going to try and hatch grocery store chicken eggs!

I know the chances of this working is very very low but its an exciting and fun little experiment! I am currently in Denmark and bought some organic free range chicken eggs. There are 6 and they were refrigerated so this should be interesting! Right now I have them sitting to reach about room temperature before I put them in the incubator. So they will go in today and I will candle around maybe the 7th day maybe sooner. Has anyone else tried this? Or even had success? 😂 any advice, tips and or tricks!?
I love science experiments! I'm working on peach trees from the pit. Hard but more successes than your endeavor. If you succeed, I'm going to try too.

Soooo, just out of curiosity I took a look at my store bought eggs (chickens aren’t laying any yet since the are only 6 weeks old 😁) . And I’m almost positive i seen a bullseye. Does that necessarily mean that they egg is fertilized? I would have taken a picture but my hands were gross and no where near phone. 2 out of the 3 I used had it but I don’t know about the 1st one I cracked because I didn’t think about it until the 2nd egg.

Soooo, just out of curiosity I took a look at my store bought eggs (chickens aren’t laying any yet since the are only 6 weeks old 😁) . And I’m almost positive i seen a bullseye. Does that necessarily mean that they egg is fertilized? I would have taken a picture but my hands were gross and no where near phone. 2 out of the 3 I used had it but I don’t know about the 1st one I cracked because I didn’t think about it until the 2nd egg.
From what I read the bullseye is a common sign of a fertile egg!

UPDATE: Day 5 for the first batch of chicken eggs and DAY 4 for the quail eggs and second batch of chicken eggs. Unfortunately I don’t see any development within these eggs. Surely by day 5 I should see at least something but nope. That’s okay though it was a fun experiment and I’m definitely going to try again! Stay tuned for that. This time I’ll try Demeter eggs people have been recommending!

From what I read the bullseye is a common sign of a fertile egg!
So this is a bullseye??? I’m almost positive every one of the eggs out of the 18 carton had this. It’s free range brown eggs from one of my local stores.

Edit: never really bothered to look at eggs for this before having chickens cause I never thought they could be babies. So I really don’t know if this is what I actually need to look for

Attachments

• 443EF92B-03BC-4CB8-8B0D-835AD78E500F.jpeg
    443EF92B-03BC-4CB8-8B0D-835AD78E500F.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom