Gold lacced Polish project

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the SOP' started by Taneile, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Taneile

Taneile Just Hatched

Dec 2, 2016
    I have just purchased this beautiful gold laced Polish hen who has been part of a breeding project to introduce the gold lacing to Polish in NZ since we do not have the array of colours people do over seas. Our basic colours are wc black, wc blue, white and just starting to get cuckoo and partridge. So was wondering what colour I would put this hen too to help develop her lacing? Same question would be for how to develop a silver laced Polish. Would you use a sebright to a dominant white, or recessive white Polish or to a black Polish? As well as how to develop a buff laced Polish? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    She looks more gold spangled you sure she's laced? this is a gold laced polish
    [​IMG]

3. Prestonsloan12

Prestonsloan12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    warrior Alabama
    I believe Its a gold laced, mine looked just like this when she was younger. The lacing grew in gradually. Mine even had the solid black crest like this. Here she is before and now. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. dragonthehunter

dragonthehunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2016
    New brunswick Canada
    Ah yes excuse me I have never worked with polish I have done wynodottes but not polish

5. Prestonsloan12

Prestonsloan12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    warrior Alabama

Yeah, I was a little upset when she feathered out and was not laced. But slowly she became more laced instead of spangled. We are still waiting for her tail feathers to become laced.

6. Taneile

Taneile Just Hatched

Dec 2, 2016
    Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes she is still a young girl and will hopefully get more lacjng. I think she is only 2nd of 3rd generation, so still have a lot to work on to get her lacing. But would I cross her to a black Polish or back to another gold laced sebright to get more lacing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by