gold laced cochin babies...

Khyree

Songster
14 Years
May 9, 2009
Burien
So i'm looking at my LF gold laced cochins and i'm getting a few different colors of primary feathers in my week-olds... can anyone tell me if this is normal or what the feathering means? i was told that they would breed true to the coloring?

30783_img_1807.jpg

30783_img_1808.jpg

30783_img_1809.jpg

Thank you!
smile.png

Yes, the lacing looks a little funny when they are young. Don't worry, when they get older the lacing will be bold and clean.

Last edited:
those look just like the chicks i have who i thought were buff brahmas. i first thought i had gold laced cochins but then thought the feathering looked more like a brahma but now i think they are cochins
celebrate.gif

Sorry to get back so late to everyone.

I bought them as hatching eggs from a user thomdean46 (Thom Dean).

They were all supposed to be gold laced lf cochins.
They are growing nicely but don't all seem to have the very clear feathering coloring that i was looking for...
are they still too young? will the feathering change as they get older? the boys seem to have the cleanest feathering... or at least i think they are boys...
sad.png
makes me sad since i don't plan on keeping any of those. My one silver phoenix boy seems to be MUCH more friendly. and i really shouldn't even have that one... he will replace our cuckoo silkie roo who is getting a bit big for his britches even though he is beautiful.

In these pics they are running with their silkie, phoenix, and ameraucana/araucana age mates.
30783_img_2113.jpg

30783_img_2100.jpg

30783_img_2099.jpg

Last edited:
there is full feathering on 2 of 4 toes... with the 3rd toe looking like there will be feathering on it on most of them... looks like the feathering is just coming in slower / smaller.. Didn't see a whole lot of feather activity on the 4th toe. but i just ran out to look at them as they are getting ready for bed... and the sun is going down so i may have missed it if there was any...

any particular reason?

Back
Top Bottom