Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
Quote: Thank you..I love them to bits..

I do not sell any of my eggs and for now I do not plan on it for a few years. I know how much I desperately want them and wanted to try to help someone out. I know I need more GLO's. I was thinking of taking my pullet to the next show. I am a little bit afraid to subject her to other birds and might change my mind until after i get a few more. I really wanted to start them in the show this year, but, I am scared.
D.gif

Thank you..I love them to bits..

I do not sell any of my eggs and for now I do not plan on it for a few years. I know how much I desperately want them and wanted to try to help someone out. I know I need more GLO's. I was thinking of taking my pullet to the next show. I am a little bit afraid to subject her to other birds and might change my mind until after i get a few more. I really wanted to start them in the show this year, but, I am scared.
D.gif
Girl.....I know what you mean! I have a couple that I need to put in some shows here too......but I'm a big chicken! The last show I went to....a friend of mine was showing Seramas......right after the show was over....I mean the next morning....her prize rooster dropped dead!!!! It was also her favorite rooster.....she was beside herself.

I've worked so hard to get my birds....that if anybody even comes to my place they have to practically bathe in Oxine....LOL And if I know anything for sure....its this.....your BEST BIRDS ARE THE ONES THAT SOMETHING HAPPENS TO! Not the birds that you're fixing to cull.....it's ALWAYS the best ones! So, I'm there with you as far as being scared to take them to shows......
hide.gif

And if I know anything for sure....its this.....your BEST BIRDS ARE THE ONES THAT SOMETHING HAPPENS TO! Not the birds that you're fixing to cull.....it's ALWAYS the best ones! So, I'm there with you as far as being scared to take them to shows......
hide.gif
That is VERY true. It's never the one you keep because you really need another pullet. It's always the one with the best type or just your favorite.

I am now thinking both of our GLOs... are girls. I really thought one was a boy for the longest time. He has fairly big wattles but a small comb that isn't very red and I can't see any pointy feathers at all. So come September I may be on a roo-hunt.

Also, the middle picture shows all three, and the the bird in the middle of the three GL orps is the one I think is a cockerel, as his comb is bigger but I also think his legs are bigger. Although you can't see this in the picture.

LillyBantam, it is difficult to tell from the picture. I love playing the gender game, if you should take any other pictures. I only know of a few breeders in the UK. They are indeed pretty. If you keep updating with pictures those of us on this side of the pond can compare yours with ours. Welcome to the forum!
Dee

Back
Top Bottom