Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
Anyone on Facebook may be interested in joining this group:

Good morning!
I wanted to update everyone of the progress of the Gold Laced Orpington Project. I sent off an early draft of the Standard of Perfection to the President,(Dave Anderson)- and Secretary, (Pat Horstman). We will work on the breeding and development and start showing as much as possible this coming year. We invite everyone who is breeding the Gold Laced Orpingtons, to please stop by the GLO Facebook page and have a look. We also invite everyone who is breeding these beautiful birds to get them into the shows. Our petition for recognition of this variety is in its infancy and we sure could use all the help we can get. Please find us at: The Gold Laced Orpington Project page on FB.

Just joined myself today, but looks like a promising group!

Anyone on Facebook may be interested in joining this group:

Good morning!
I wanted to update everyone of the progress of the Gold Laced Orpington Project. I sent off an early draft of the Standard of Perfection to the President,(Dave Anderson)- and Secretary, (Pat Horstman). We will work on the breeding and development and start showing as much as possible this coming year. We invite everyone who is breeding the Gold Laced Orpingtons, to please stop by the GLO Facebook page and have a look. We also invite everyone who is breeding these beautiful birds to get them into the shows. Our petition for recognition of this variety is in its infancy and we sure could use all the help we can get. Please find us at: The Gold Laced Orpington Project page on FB.

Just joined myself today, but looks like a promising group!

Thanks for posting this info. I just joined too.

Different lines of gold laced birds may be different. That being said, mine get their tails later than the girls. If anyone is in the St. Louis area, we (Ozark Orpingtons) are releasing our gold laced birds now. When the weather breaks, we can start shipping as we are NPIP certified in Missouri, depending on your state requirements.
3 1/2 month old pullet

some of the growouts, roughly 7/8 weeks old
Thanks for posting these Juvi pics. It is good to see the subtle differences in birds. I feel much better about mine, but will be breeding and culling hard for that perfect lacing. Any suggestions on culling timing and what I might focus on are appreciated!

We are breeding our Gold Laced Brahmas, and silver Laced Orp's as well as blue Orp's, can't wait to see the little ones running around.
Is the one on the right male? My male's tail is less upright. Anyone clear on what the standard should be? Should we just stick to published standards of the English or American depending on our fancy?

We are working on getting the black laced golds standardized into the APA. We have just started our project and anyone interested in helping would be greatly appreciated. Come visit us at the Gold Laced Orpington Project on Facebook and be part of it! We have proposed an SOP to the APA which I'm sure will change as we go along to meet the APA requirements.

That being said, when you are starting your flock, your first and foremost culling should be for type, then size, then onto the other faults such as feather color, leg color, and lacing.

The lacing is really nice on that bird! Droooooling.
droolin.gif
I have one pullet that looks really good. My roo is questionable in markings, but his form is nice and size is amazing.

I am interested in Cockerel/Rooster photos of specimens?

Back
Top Bottom