1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gold laced polish

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by BrahmaCrazy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. BrahmaCrazy

BrahmaCrazy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2014
    South Africa
    Hi! Im from south africa. We dont have gold laced polish. I would like to create them. Can someone please help me. I have golden laced wyandottes as well as sebrights.

2. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Are there any polish and what colors? If silver laced polish exist, would recommend gold sebrights as they are closer to proper polish type and have the same kind of lacing genes.

Gold laced wyandottes have one but very important genetic difference that could cause patterning problems for a while. This one main genetic difference is why they have black tails vs the colored tails like polish and sebrights do.

3. BrahmaCrazy

BrahmaCrazy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2014
    South Africa
    Hi! Thank you for the response, yes we do uave polish, but not silver, ive searxhed everywhere, all i can find is white crested blue, black, splashand white crested black, and white polish

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by