Golden comet and white rock setting

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MommaSampson, Oct 13, 2013.

1. MommaSampson

MommaSampson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2013
    West Virginia
    I have a golden comet that has been setting on 15 eggs for over a week now. I hadn't moved her off the nest that she made in the hen house cause she's a first timer and i didn't want to discourage her. So when the other hens would get in there with her and lay a egg I moved it to another nest. I left them in the laying box so the other hens would lay there instead of getting in the the comet. Today I noticed one of my white rocks is in there on the other nest! I don't know much about the white rocks. My father in law said I have the first golden comet he's ever heard of setting and possibly the white rock too. Does anyone else have goldens that are setting and white rocks that are setting?

2. Pekin bantams

Pekin bantams Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2013
    I agree with your father in law that's the first golden comet I have ever heard of hatchin eggs. Is she definitely a GC? Is she a good layer?

3. MommaSampson

Jan 13, 2013
    West Virginia
    Yeah she's definitely a golden comet. She's a wonderful layer. I'd say she lays 4-6 eggs a week on average.
    [​IMG]

This is her on the left

4. Pekin bantams

Pekin bantams Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2013
    they are lovely birds. are the eggs shes sittin on fertile?[​IMG]

5. MommaSampson

Jan 13, 2013
    West Virginia
    yep. I have an Americauna roo

6. Pekin bantams