Golden Comet not doing well

hischild1977

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2022
Chickens get let out every day unless raining. Flock of 5. Our sweetie has been lethargic, napping when let out, dragging her center toes when she steps, and is extremely underweight. You can feel her bones when you pick her up. She has an appetite and also drinks. We have felt her crop and it seems to feel normal. She is about a year and 4mos old. Purchased from TSC. We line the coop with DE and sand (we know we need ash but have no access to any until it cools off here in Kentucky. As you all may have heard, we have had a lot of rain here. Even here in Central Kentucky, but not like eastern. So they have been cooped up together for the last several weeks with only a few days of freedom. They have food and water with ACV, and chicken gatorade on occasion. I also feed them scraps from the garden on occasion. I am going to try a scrambled egg for the next day or two with some fruit. Idk what else to tell you or what else to do for her. She is so sweet! I hate to see her miserable! Any suggestions are appreciated!

Photos of the coop/run?
Photos of hen and poop?
When you mean cooped up are they staying inside the coop with no access to outside (run) at all? You don't let them out or they decide to stay inside?
How many birds and the size of the coop (run) sq ft?
When was her last egg?
Have you looked her over for lice/mites?
Crop is emptying overnight?
Have you treated for worms and/or coccidiosis?

Back
Top Bottom