Golden comet or buff?

How long before I can tell if it’s a too or a hen I’m thinking hen.
Chickens can typically be sexed at six weeks old if they are a normal-feathering breed (meaning that they do not feather slowly or more quick than usual). Your Buff Orpington appears to be a pullet, but can we get a picture of the chicken standing normally?

Buff Orpington.

Buff isn't a breed, buff is a color. The Orpington is a breed, though, and the most popular variety would be the Buff Orpington. In fact, it is so popular that many people mistakenly believe that there is no other color of Orpington.
This is confusing to me because my chick was labeled by the hatchery as Golden Buff. I’m having trouble figuring out which of my hens is laying which eggs, so I stumbled on this thread

Attachments

• IMG_7135.png
    IMG_7135.png
    4 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7121.jpeg
    IMG_7121.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7067.jpeg
    IMG_7067.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7063.jpeg
    IMG_7063.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 4
This is confusing to me because my chick was labeled by the hatchery as Golden Buff. I’m having trouble figuring out which of my hens is laying which eggs, so I stumbled on this thread
Golden Buffs, also called Golden Sex-Links or Golden Comets, is a hybrid and mixed strain of chickens made specifically for egg production. I am not sure what you are saying that is confusing you in particular. What do you mean?

Golden Buffs, also called Golden Sex-Links or Golden Comets, is a hybrid and mixed strain of chickens made specifically for egg production. I am not sure what you are saying that is confusing you in particular. What do you mean?
I’m so new to this. I’m guessing that I don’t have any chickens that are “breeds”, they are all hybrids or mixed strains?

Tell me about your flock and show me pictures. Where did you get all of your chickens, what were they listed as, etc.
I posted last week about all of them and the confusion over what breed/hybrids they are. I’ll find that and give you a link. You thoughts will be appreciated!!
I got them from Gardensphere, a small locally owned garden center here in Tacoma, WA, that has classes on chickens, quality chicken supplies, and may or may not hatch their own eggs. I need to ask them about that.

Back
Top Bottom