Golden comet or buff?

I posted last week about all of them and the confusion over what breed/hybrids they are. I’ll find that and give you a link. You thoughts will be appreciated!!
I got them from Gardensphere, a small locally owned garden center here in Tacoma, WA, that has classes on chickens, quality chicken supplies, and may or may not hatch their own eggs. I need to ask them about that.
Thread 'Mixed up batch of chicks! OE, EE, Australorp?'
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/mixed-up-batch-of-chicks-oe-ee-australorp.1614051/

It's a Buff Orpington.

I clicked on this thread because there is a hybrid called "Buff Comet," and I haven't heard of them for years now. Basically what they are is a Golden Comet (hen) mixed with a Buff Orpington (rooster). I bred them for a short time and they were wonderful birds. The majority of them was a darker Buff color with a white tipped (or black tipped) tail and they were heavier than the Golden Comet.

View attachment 3729415
Buff Comet pullet. ^^ They were not sex-linked, so both males and females had these markings.

(I originally heard of Buff Comets on this site a long time ago.)
What color eggs do yours lay? To my shock, I found out that our Golden Buff is laying khaki eggs! Top right in the pic. image.jpg
I thought she was laying the pale brown egg, but I saw her lay the khaki egg and we found 7 in a secret nest, indicating an almost daily layer. The pale eggs are sporadic. IMG_3281.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom