Golden Comet or something else???

GHFarmGirl

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
Mills River, NC

I am a brand new chicken-mama. We got 5 Golden Comets (pullets) from a small local Feed Store 1.5 weeks ago. One of the chicks has very different coloring. Does anyone know if they vary in color or if it is possible she is a different breed?

That doesn't look like a Golden Comet or any of the Red Sex Links, would vote it is some other breed, not sure what, do you know what else the feed store carried? ... it also has pretty stout legs for a pullet.

That doesn't look like a Golden Comet or any of the Red Sex Links, would vote it is some other breed, not sure what, do you know what else the feed store carried? ... it also has pretty stout legs for a pullet.
Thanks Kelsie2290 for the feedback. I really hope it's not a rooster, we just wanted hens. All the other pullets have legs just like this one, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I will call the feed store tomorrow. They had only Golden Comets come in the day I picked them up, however, someone may have done a direct order of something else and this one escaped their notice. I found a pic of a RIR/Buff mix that looked just like this. We got 5 Silverlace 3 days later. Hopefully they are all girls too.

Back
Top Bottom