Golden Comets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Andora, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    What do you think of this chick? As a day old chick, it was pullet colored--golden with two darker golden stripes down the back. Now (s)he's almost all white and I'm a little concerned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got this chick the other day at TSC. It was in a bin labeled "red sex link pullets" and the other chicks in the bin looked exactly like Golden Comet pullets to me. This chick was an oddball.

[​IMG]

Here is a "red sex link"...I'm not sure if that's the same as Golden Comets or what, but they look like Golden Comets to me.

[​IMG]

You can't tell in the picture, but she has those two stripes down the back.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yes, the two that I have were also buff colored with red stripes on their backs.

3. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    It is a golden comet hen. The roo will be almost all white as an adult. It will have just a tinge of orange on it back.

As a chick the GC roo will be yellow. It will turn white and eventually the golden color will show up in the top of his back.
    It will be very faint.

The 2 stripes will let you know it is a golden comet hen. The males do not have the stripes. They are all yellow.

Darin

4. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    yeah the roo will grow a blond mullet [​IMG] , a few red feathers on the wing and white everywhere else.

5. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    I'm glad she's a pullet for sure. My toddler already named her Annie.

What do you all think about the chick in the middle picture with the mask? Is that just a funny colored Golden Comet or Red Sex Link?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by