golden comets?

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
i swear rir's must be gold around here!! im new to this and tried for weeks to get some at tsc. well finally they had some. the kids and i rushed in, and quess what? gone!!!! they must have ordered like 10!!! anyway southern states is getting more chicks the 5th so i call today and no rir. im getting 2 barred rocks and two golden comets to add to the three chicks i already have and have no clue yet what they are!!! (im waiting for them to feather out to post more pics!!) anyway,back to the point, since there where not going to be anymore rir reds i got the golden comets the lady suggested. anyone have these? are they good pets and layers? any pics of yours i could see?

Hi,
I was given golden comets(i think thats what they are?) instead of RIR's from my TSC. They are about 5 wks now. Sweet, docile birds. And I think they are pretty.
smile.png
Here they are last wk outside - left is the comet, rt is EE. I've heard they are very good layers.
HTH,
Terry
IMG_1759.jpg

I LOVE my comets. They are my friendliest birds and great layers. In fact, I have one that lays at least 3 double yokers per week. My 9 year old granddaughter carries them around and they love it...

I have 4 RIR hens and just purchased 16 golden comets that will be a week old tomorrow. The cool thing about golden comets versus the RIR's is that the golden comets are a sex-link breed, meaning that they will be guaranteed to all be pullets because they are sexed by color. I bought 12 RIR's to begin with and only ended up with four hens! YEP! Eight were roos!!! Everything I have read about the golden comets has been positive and I think they are pretty too!
smile.png
Enjoy your chickens!

Here's a pic of my Lucy. She's a Golden Comet. She's a very friendly chick and mellow and laid back when the rest of my chicks are freaking out about something. She was about 3 weeks old here. She's 4 weeks today!! I got GC's because I wanted to be assured of having some girls, some good egg layers and because I heard they were quiet and mellow. I can attest to the quiet and mellow part, but not the eggs yet!

Lucy_23April08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom