golden cometts

um.....golden comets LAY brown eggs....they're hatched from white eggs (because they're a cross).

lau.gif

Quote:
they can be, it depends on what cross you use...I dont know what color delawares lay....nor do i know what color RIW lay...but if it's brown and they carry the silver gene then yes if bred to a RIR roo or a NHR roo then they will be sex-linked

and some call them Red sex link
golden comet
red stars

and if you breed to a barred rock hen (brown egg layer), to a RIR or a NHR you'll get
black sex links
smile.png

2nd one is out and now that it is dry it looks like a boy too
sad.png
come on girls!!!! I only have one other pipping so i am starting to wonder what has happened to the others i have some temp problems today so i am blaming that if these all dont hatch since they all looked great when i candled on the 18th day. i hate my LG and have just ordered a new Genisis 1588

thats it just the 2 healthy chicks.

I had problems with my bator on the last few days. But MONARC23 your eggs were great up until I had my problems all had developed at the 18th day of candeling, it is what happened to them afterwards that caused such a low hatch.

but I got one of each a boy and a girl so I am not unhappy although as I have mentioned I have had it with the LG and am moving onto the genisis 1588 as soon as it arrives because I have silkie and SG eggs in the other bator (was using the LG as the hatcher) and I will be upset if I have such a small hatch on those lol.

wow I thought they would look a lot different from each other but the color difference is much less than I was expecting.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom