Golden Cuckoo Marans Eggs - WA State - The stories

Is there anyone still selling any Golden Chuckoo Marans in Washington state? I live in Kitsap County, and planned on having the next member of our backyard flock be a GCM. I am willing to drive up to two hours to get one pullet or hen.

Hi, I live in England and today I bought two golden cuckoo marans, but most of the golden cuckoo marans that I have seen on this thread have a black body and gold head, but mine look like this hen

They also don't have feathered legs, but I am going to buy a golden cuckoo maran cockerel who has feathered legs, will the feathered legs from the cockerel be passed on to the father? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, I live in England and today I bought two golden cuckoo marans, but most of the golden cuckoo marans that I have seen on this thread have a black body and gold head, but mine look like this hen
They also don't have feathered legs, but I am going to buy a golden cuckoo maran cockerel who has feathered legs, will the feathered legs from the cockerel be passed on to the father? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Feathered legs can come from either parent, so a feathered leg cockerel will throw feathered leg chicks. You will probably get all feathered leg chicks from your first cross, but you’ll see a few clean leg chicks in the next generation. If it was me, I would cull all the clean leg chicks. Good luck with your project!

Back
Top Bottom