Golden Laced Wyandotte no tail?

Redcrazzy

Chirping
May 2, 2021
First post, first flock. I have 2 golden laced wyandotte chickens that are 3 almost 4 weeks old. One is twice the size of the other with tail feathers while the small one seems to have no tail at all. I'm thinking maybe the big one is a cockerel or just a week older than the smaller one but the tail thing is what is really throwing me off. Is the no tail thing mean pullet?

First post, first flock. I have 2 golden laced wyandotte chickens that are 3 almost 4 weeks old. One is twice the size of the other with tail feathers while the small one seems to have no tail at all. I'm thinking maybe the big one is a cockerel or just a week older than the smaller one but the tail thing is what is really throwing me off. Is the no tail thing mean pullet?
I just saw the rest of your post... for some reason it didn’t show up for me? (I have bad WiFi so that might be part of it)

My pullets have always had tails by that age. Not big tails, but somethings. Do you think it’s possible it’s plucking the feathers? Does the tail look like this, or more like this:
614EE9FA-BBDC-439F-8024-EF628ABDFB1B.jpeg
10C50DDB-EC36-4EBC-B179-8166235E24BC.jpeg

(Both are now pullets, just diffident ages)

Now I really want to see pictures. Do they both have a lot of feathers?

I just saw the rest of your post... for some reason it didn’t show up for me? (I have bad WiFi so that might be part of it)

My pullets have always had tails by that age. Not big tails, but somethings. Do you think it’s possible it’s plucking the feathers? Does the tail look like this, or more like this:
View attachment 2656309View attachment 2656311
(Both are now pullets, just diffident ages)

Now I really want to see pictures. Do they both have a lot of feather?
Like the first picture for the small one. They are asleep right now since it is 12:30am where I am right now but I will get pictures of Patroit and Giselle tomorrow. (Big and little) Giselle looks like the first picture with the same feathering though. No tail.

Like the first picture for the small one. They are asleep right now since it is 12:30am where I am right now but I will get pictures of Patroit and Giselle tomorrow. (Big and little) Giselle looks like the first picture with the same feathering though. No tail.
Ok! I’ll look forward to pictures!

Here is pictures of my babies. The first 3 is of Patroit, the big one and possible rooster/older.
20210508_073449.jpg
20210508_073456.jpg

20210508_073504.jpg

This next set is the small one, Giselle. Today I was excited to see downy tail feathers!!!
20210508_074254.jpg

20210508_074316.jpg

20210508_074342.jpg

Last set is both of them. I tried getting their feathering differences and their face and size difference but pictures just doesn't do it justice although they are fairly good for chicken pictures. Lol
20210508_074612.jpg

20210508_074433.jpg

I have more pics but these are the best. They could be girls, boys, mixed breed. I don't know. I bought them from a store called Waldens. They said pullets and golden laced wyandotte. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom