Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Here is an older one of my little GLW cockerel
smile.png
. I don't have any good ones of the girls, but will get a couple today and a current one of the cockerel. All of the birds posted thus far are so pretty! This little guy used to fly to my shoulder, lap, arm, anywhere he could get a foothold, but since time is moving on, he thinks he's getting too old to do that anymore......Especially in front of the pullets!!

photo-8.jpg

Here's one of mine, with one of the chicks (not hers) that she hatched a few years ago. I still have her - she is "Momma Hen." She was a fabulous mother. There are 8 more chicks under her that we can't see!
22119_dsc_0443.jpg

Her she is with more chicks out and about.
22119_dsc_0463.jpg

I love GLWs too - they were the first chicks I bought for myself when we started with chickens, because the photos of the adult hens were so beautiful! Plan to get more in the future.

Mine don't like getting picked up either. Never have. BUT they will come right up to me and take treats from my hands. I hope none of them ever have an egg bound problem, cuz I think they'd put up a fight getting a bath!

I am going to try for new pics of them now they are nearing 5 months, and are SOOO much bigger now. Its like they hit a serious growth spurt the last few weeks.

AW! Those babies are soo cute! I want a roo... BUT I think I am going to have to wait till spring when I can build a coop and seperate the wyandottes out. I don't think Mr. Fluffers (Faverolle) would be very happy with competition... He's such a sweetly dispositioned roo.

Just saw this post and didn't have time to read everything, but wanted to include pictures of our GLWs, Lucy and Ethel! They are beautiful girls, but the least friendly of our flock of 6. They don't like to be picked up, but will submit to us and then we can touch them. I love them anyway!

Here they are as young girls:
64243_img_1026.jpg

All grown up......
64243_img_0202.jpg

LUCY

64243_img_1301.jpg

ETHEL

OH my GOSH!! Y'all's hens are beautiful!! If mine are half that lovely when they grow up, I'll be thrilled! Mine are all 14 weeks right now.....

Here's the little roo
4b3fa62f.jpg

And one of the pullets
photo-12.jpg

Its funny that you all say yours are not overly friendly. While most of these do not come over to be held (I don't have any chickens that do that), they will let me catch them and pick them up with little fuss.

Here's some of my GLW's.

The first is of Jason and Alexis at around 2-3 weeks.
95350_gl-wynndottes.jpg

Here's Alexis with here best Silver Laced Friend Maxey at 12 Weeks.
95350_img_2835.jpg

And Jason at 12 Weeks giving me the staredown!!
95350_img_2831.jpg

All of our wyandottes have turned out to be very friendly birds with the exception of Jason. He's not mean just doesn't like to be held.

I just found this thread..I have a new little GLW..she is about 3 1/2 months old and I have had her for about 3 weeks now...she is pretty but does not like to be picked up at all..I am not sure how much human interaction she had when she was younger..but she is coming around..it is a good thing most chickens are food motivated!
big_smile.png

81782_049.jpg
Miss Amber...very pretty!
81782_052.jpg
Miss Amber...with the other little lady she came with..Miss Lilly!

Back
Top Bottom