Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

These are the only photos I have handy, so I will post more tomorrow! This is my GL Hen and Rooster! I absolutely love them and I think they are so pretty!! My rooster was supposed to be a hen, but we just found out that she is a he
smile.png
He is very friendly and enjoys my nail polish!! Well I just wanted to say im a fan of GLW!!

94812_glwh1.jpg

94812_glwr.jpg

Finally got some updated pic of my dottes. They are nearing POL and I am getting excited to see how big they lay! I am also putting in a pic of my silver, cuz she's is SOOOOOO gorgeous!
102729_vonna_6_mo.jpg
Vonna at 6 months
102729_veena_6_mo.jpg
Veena at 6 months
102729_vanna_6_mo.jpg
Vanna at 6 months

Well thats my updated pictures of my girls. Aren't they so pretty. I got the prettiest of em all. I am allowed to say that cuz they are mine!

Just ordered some GLW and BLRW eggs and am VERY excited. Currently have Barnevelders, Barred Rock, Buff Orps, Australorps and EE's. Look forward to following the thread and hoping I have a successful hatch. Lots of beautiful pictures so far. Wondering what the experience has been with those who have laying GLW's - how often, color, etc.

Quote:
Crongratulations with your wyandottes. It depends whether you have a hatchery strain or exhibition quality strain. Hatchery birds usually lay better but may not resemble a wyandotte in shape. Wyandottes lay a light brown medium egg their pullet year. The eggs will be larger after their first adult molt.

HI, I actually got them off of craigslist. A lady who breeds them, she's out in Borculo, which is near Zeeland... Well anyway, she put up an ad for 6-8 week pullets, and I looked them up, the pullets that is, to see what they were, and thought, OMG I gotta have some, and well, went out there and originally got 2 golds and 2 silvers... BUT one silver had heat stroke and didn't make it... We had like 90 degree temps one morning by 9 am and darn near 80% humidity, and me being the dummie I was, I forgot to leave the top of the dog house ajar the night before, and I don't know why, cuz I always put in the spacer so there would be good air... Well, anyway... and water was in the coop, but I guess she couldn't get to it for come reason... Well, anyway, live and learn, and I learned the hard way to never be forgetfull. I have never had chickens until this year... Felt so bad, and I still do... Well, anyway, I got them from this lady, and I can not even remember her name. But thats all she does... Wyandottes. I am hoping to get more from her this year. They are just something aren't they.

Back
Top Bottom