Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Sorry, I am in Holland Michigan. Good old Dutch town names. Its Tulip City, because Holland is in the top 10 for largest festivals in the states. And by tulips... I mean TULIPS EVERY WHERE! We have Veldheers Tulip farm, and it is acres and acres of every type of tulip. Colors are remarkable. We have 3 parades during the fest which lasts 8 days. Klompen dancers who do traditional dutch dances in wooden shoes and old dutch costumes... Its something else...

99368_dsc04634.jpg

99368_dsc04614.jpg

99368_dsc04613.jpg

**UPDATES** About 23-24 weeks and still no eggs... Oh well, she is paying her keep with her looks
wink.png

Last edited:
Mine aren't laying yet either. However their wattles and combs are turning red now, and they are being paid attention too by my roos, so I am sure I should be soon. ALSO, they were all practicing the egg song tonight, and I went and stood and watched them to see if they were going to pop a squat, but nope... Just practicing singing. LOL.

And yes, she is a pretty girl. I can't believe you have snow... We had such a nice day here that I was able to clean both coops, and the garage floor. Was able to put the storm windows in on the under run of my big coop. They didn't know what to think of that. I had a bunch of old storm windows that I repurposed instead of buy plastic sheeting. HEHEEHEE. Works great.

Starting to get nice eggs from my Golden laced. They were born in June. Had snow 4-5 inches two weeks ago and it is close to seventy degrees today. Like a beautiful May day.
cool.png

Aunt Bea with her Aussie friend.

I love this thread! I have BLRWs and SLWs. I can't wait to get some Golden Laced Wyandottes! I'm going to get them from Duane Urch.
Just gotta get DH to build me another coop!

Hello. Does anyone know anybody in the Colorado Springs, CO area that raises Wyandottes? I am looking for Gold or Silver Laced to add to my egg laying flock. Started pullets would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom