Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
This is exactly right. Roosters will be silver with brassy shoulders or just general gold bleeding in the feathers. Females will always be either gold or silver never mixed.

SLW (S/S) roo over GLW (s/) hen - mixed roo(S/s) and silver (S/) hens
GLW (s/s) roo over SLW (S/) hen - mixed roo (S/s) and gold (s/) hens

Mixed GLW and SLW roo over either color hen will give both color hens and mixed roo or roo colored as hen
example mix (S/s) roo over SLW (S/) hen ----both silver (S/) and gold (s/) hens, mixed roo (S/s) and silver (S/S) roos if using a gold (s/) hen possible gold (s/s) roo

So I can get a true GLW hen by mixing a GLW over a SLW hen? That is what I would really like to do. I have some GLW roos and I will be Setting 12 SLW eggs in April. I am hoping to get more SLW hens than roosters and I would also like a few GLW hens to go with my GLW roos if that makes any sense lol. Thanks for the tips.

So I can get a true GLW hen by mixing a GLW over a SLW hen? That is what I would really like to do. I have some GLW roos and I will be Setting 12 SLW eggs in April. I am hoping to get more SLW hens than roosters and I would also like a few GLW hens to go with my GLW roos if that makes any sense lol. Thanks for the tips.

Yes GLW roo over SLW hen will give you mixed roos and pure GLW hens. When it comes to silver and gold genes the hen only carries one either (S/) Silver or (s/) Gold.

The good part all the hens will be gold and all the roos will be mixed, you will likely be able to tell them apart at hatch. females will have gold and the males will likely show silver rather than gold this early.

Yes GLW roo over SLW hen will give you mixed roos and pure GLW hens. When it comes to silver and gold genes the hen only carries one either (S/) Silver or (s/) Gold.

The good part all the hens will be gold and all the roos will be mixed, you will likely be able to tell them apart at hatch. females will have gold and the males will likely show silver rather than gold this early.

Thanks you for the info. I love the Wyandotte breeds. how can you get blue laced red wyandottes?

You would save much time and money just buying hatching eggs or chicks on those. You would need to breed Blue into the breed and mahogany. Breeding with blue is always a lot of work because you will always be playing with blue, black, and splash.

Years and years of breeding.

Last edited:
Went to TSC to get us some chicks, and they had Silver Lace Wyandottes for sale.

We got six (assured that they are females, to which I said: We'll see., heh).

Had them here for 3 days, and I don't think they are Silver Lace, but are instead Golden Lace. They only have feathers on their wings at this young age of course, but each feather is black on the edges, with a deep amber/golden color.

Here's a picture of them. As a noob, I have no experience, heh.

Was TSC mistaken in identifying them as Silver Lace?

Went to TSC to get us some chicks, and they had Silver Lace Wyandottes for sale.

We got six (assured that they are females, to which I said: We'll see., heh).

Had them here for 3 days, and I don't think they are Silver Lace, but are instead Golden Lace. They only have feathers on their wings at this young age of course, but each feather is black on the edges, with a deep amber/golden color.

Here's a picture of them. As a noob, I have no experience, heh.

Was TSC mistaken in identifying them as Silver Lace?

That is definitely Gold.

This is my glw bantam rooster, question is will his dimpled comb pass on to offspring? It's not a good comb but he's the only rooster I could find.
[/IMG]

My GLWs are very vocal, and they make some STRANGE sounds. Like, velociraptor sounds. So I would not be surprised if that were the case.

I haven't put any chick pics up for awhile (goats keep me busy) but here are a couple.

This is Easter!

One of our Black Australorps. Sorry about the bad pics!!

The last 4 pics are of a GLW that was strait run from RK. Can anyone sex her/him?? I know pics are horrible but it's what I have to work with lol

Back
Top Bottom